Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Dad's joy



"Can I help, Daddy?" he asked with a hint of excitement in his young voice. I love this part of being a Dad. He still has not outgrown the desire to spend some time with his old Dad.

"Sure pal" was my immediate reply. He wanted eggs on that chilly winter morning. I mixed up the easy omelet mix. Just add water. No time for cutting up the onions and green peppers today, I thought. I like easy. Especially on these winter mornings where time seems to go way too fast. Before we know it we have to hit the door for another day at school.

I put a couple of tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in my 12" fry pan carefully chosen from our best stainless steel cookware. After half a minute or so the pan was ready. He helped me pour the eggs into the nicely warmed pan. I added a slice of cheese and a couple slices of ham. And in just a matter of minutes my little schoolboy was eating a warm and nutritious breakfast.

No comments: