Saturday, December 29, 2007

Losing Weight in 2008

I used to look like Jerry Seinfeld. No, I mean Brad Pitt..... No I mean ( pick your favorite skinny famous person ). Then I got lazy...... slowly got out of the habit of daily exercise. The gym was becoming harder to get to. Not enough time for everything on my plate I rationalized to myself.

Then it happened. I found myself shopping for a new pair of shorts this summer. And the waist size I finally settled on is so large that I'm just plain too embarrassed to share it.

Time to set a goal for the coming months. Losing weight in '08 is a Big priority. I've listened to Zig's tapes about goals and read extensively. Many experts highly recommend writing goals down on paper. Specific, actionable goals. Like lose 20 pounds before summer.

How to do it - eating healthy is part of the plan. Limiting sugars and bad carbs. Limiting fat calories. Keeping total daily calories under 2,000. And - very important here - burning calories. Building muscle and burning fat. For more ideas about setting and reaching goals please check out Natalie, the nutritionist's excellent video -

No comments: